Monday, 16 December 2013

The Holly and The Ivy........Oh and The Roses!

 

I have quite a lot of ivy covering fences but the holly I was only just in time to pick some with berries on before the birds ate every single one of them! The holly tree is my miracle tree too as I've been growing it for about 15 yrs without a single berry and then a couple of years ago I was wandering around the garden talking to myself and the plants (as one does) and said to it, "I want berries on you!". Low and behold the next winter it was covered. Both I and the birds are very grateful indeed. The power of words....

 

A little reminder of summer roses on a dark, wet, December day.

Merry Christmas and God bless us one and all!

 

1 comment:

  1. My holly has never had berries so I'll enjoy looking at yours :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping and looking :)